My family has been so fortunate to visit Walt Disney World in Florida many times. For our trip last April. we were looking to add something special to the experience. Since we all love animals, we chose Wild Africa Trek at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
Here are 5 Things to know about Wild Africa Trek:
1. Wild Africa Trek is located in Disney's Animal Kingdom Park. You book the Trek through Events and Tours (407-939-8687). You cannot book this experience online. In addition, be aware that you must have valid park admission, as well as a tour reservation. A Travel Agent can help you book this as well.
2. Check in is located adjacent to Kilimanjaro Safari.
3. This tour is recommended to tweens, teens and adults in good physical condition. You will walk off paved pathways, across swaying bridges and do some climbing.
4. The tour lasts 3 hours and includes a heavy snack/light lunch, including delicious juice and water.
5. You cannot wear anything on the tour that might fall off, including Magic Bands. Everything must be secured to your safety vest and cameras need to have straps. Lockers are provided free of charge.
My family absolutely loved this experience and I would recommend it to anyone looking to go deeper into Animal Kingdom. We felt like VIPs the whole time and our guides were wonderful. Groups are small, so you can ask lots of questions and really get up close with the animals.
Mary Graham is a Vacation Specialist with Coasters & Castles Travel. She lives in North Carolina and has visited Walt Disney World 15 times, with just her husband and with children. Her favorite character is Dumbo and her favorite ride is Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Contact her for help planning your vacation at email@example.com.