We are continuing on with our article from last week. Each step that we get closer to cruising is a great step. Last week we shared excursion ideas for Norwegian Cruise Lines and Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. This week we will have MSC Cruises & Virgin Voyages.
Ocean Cruising on MSC Cruises
We love the activities and excursions proposed by MSC Cruises. They have collaborated with local agents and tour operators to make sure you have a lot of fun during your time at each port. There will never be a dull moment as you discover all kinds of natural, cultural and historic wonders when you step off your luxury cruise liner.
Rose Hall is a Jamaican Georgian plantation house now run as a historic house museum. When you arrive at the Montego Bay attraction in Jamaica, you can choose from three tours, including the Rose Hall Grand House and Garden Tour. On that tour, you will be given a witch's brew to enjoy as you take in the scenic views of the coast. Learn all about the history of Rose Hall, including the story of the famous white witch Annee Palmer.
Once a grand and impressive plantation great house, it got run down by the 1960s but was later restored back to its original glory.
Here are some more travel ideas for your cruise with MSC Cruises.
• See the dolphins in Jamaica
• Dare to take an off-road 4x4 safari
• Dive off the cliff at Rick's Cafe in Negril Bay
• Go rafting on Martha Brae
• Take in a few rounds of golf
• Go zip-lining through the lush jungle
• Be adventurous during a river jungle tubing tour
• Look for treasure aboard the Jolly Roger Pirate Ship
• Take a city tour of Barbados to see charming architecture and historical sites
Ocean Cruising on Virgin Cruise Lines
Virgin Cruise Lines know how to have a great time on the ship and off the ship. They recommend a range of inspiring activities to try at each port. They like to keep travelers busy on land so they can pamper you when you get back on the cruise liner. Here's some of what they suggest.
It is almost a must to visit Chichen Itza, which is one of the seven new wonders of the world. The Mayan ruins in Mexico include a giant step pyramid as well as many other smaller ruins. You can still see impressive stone carvings at areas including the Temple of the Warriors and the Wall of the Skulls. Booking a tour guide is a great idea if you want to hear historical details about Chichen Itza.
Let's see more great things to see and do while on land during your Virgin Cruise Lines trip of a lifetime.
• Take an inspiring yoga class on the beach
• Spend the day relaxing in your private cabana at Bimini Beach Club in the Bahamas
• Explore a natural crystal museum in Playa Del Carmen
• Swim in a cool blue lagoon at Costa Maya
• Spend the day with farmer and artist Doña Catalina in Puerto Plata
• Take a tour of the rain forest in San Juan
• Fly high during an airplane tour in Tulum and Sian Ka'an
• Take a monster jeep ride to oceanside Mayan ruins
• Take a taco making class that comes with complimentary tequila
As you can see, there is so much to see and do at each port. Every cruise company designs customized excursions, so travelers have unique and fascinating experiences. You can plan to relax and enjoy the sun or explore. Take time to chat with the locals, as a meaningful conversation can often be one of your best holiday memories.
Are you ready to pack your bags? Drop us a line for more info on cruises. There is so much to discover on the Caribbean cruises and other wonderful places like Europe, Asia, Alaska, and South America.