Here she is again one of Coasters & Castles Travel great Travel Specialists Melissa Lenox. This time she is sharing some great advice on how to get on Rise of the Resistance in Galaxy's Edge at Hollywood Studios.
"Rise of the Resistance" in Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is one of the most exciting and innovative attractions to ever be created by Disney Imagineering. Most guests even call it an experience because it’s more than an attraction. However, you need to join a Virtual Boarding Group to even be able to enjoy it - you can not just arrive early at the park and get right in line like most attractions and joining a boarding group can be stressful if you are not prepared because they can fill up within seconds - that’s right seconds! In order to save you some stress, here are the rules and some tips so help you join the Resistance.
1. You can join a boarding group from anywhere at 7am, you no longer need to be inside Hollywood Studios.
2. You must have a Park Pass reservation for Hollywood Studios for the same day and a valid park ticket. It can be any kind of ticket; one park per day or park hopper.
3. It is recommended to use your cell phones data and not Disney WIFI.
4. Make sure you set an alarm and be ready by 6:55am. The boarding groups open up at 7am sharp.
5. On the My Disney Experience app go down to the section for Rise of the Resistance. You’ll see a button that says ‘Join’.
6. Hit ‘Join’ prior to 7am. You can be on this screen waiting for a minute or two before so you can just keep refreshing your screen by dragging your finger down. I tried this and was successful.
7. If you are with anyone else who also has an account have them try too. I tried this as well and the others just got a notice that they were already in a boarding group since I was able to grab one first.
8. Have a clock nearby where you can see the seconds or just keep an eye on the time. Keep refreshing, at 7am a button will show up that says JOIN, hit it quickly!
9. Follow the prompts and choose ‘Join Boarding Group’. Go thru the prompts as quickly as you can to ensure you get a group. It should default to everyone in your friends and family list who has a park pass for Hollywood Studios for the same day so you shouldn’t need to unselect or select anyone. Even if you select more people than are going to ride, that’s ok. You can tell a cast member at the attraction when you arrive to board.
10. If successful you’ll be assigned a boarding group number!
11. Screenshot your boarding group (just in case!)
12. Be sure notifications are turned ON for My Disney Experience.
13. You will get a notification when your boarding group is being called or you can check by clicking on My Status in your app. You will be able to see what groups are being called currently and it will give you an estimated return time.
14. You will only have an hour to return to join the Resistance. When you arrive you will be asked to scan your magic band upon arrival. The attraction is located on the left right after you enter Galaxy’s Edge by Muppet Vision 3D and Baseline Taphouse.
15. If you don’t get a boarding group at 7am you can try again at 1pm, but you must be inside Hollywood Studios to join this group. Just follow the same process as above.
16. Biggest things to remember:
a. WiFi off
b. Notifications on!
c. Enjoy your day! Ignite the Spark!
Melissa Lenox is a Vacation Specialist with Coasters & Castles Travel. She is a former entertainment cast member, loves Star Wars, Chip 'n Dale, dining at Walt Disney World and planning trips for others! Follow her on her pages below or contact her at email@example.com to plan your next adventure!